Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Finally a Job Offer!

After a month of searching for a job and having one misadventure after another here in Singapore (I won't recount my other mis' anymore, masisira lang todo credibility ko), I finally received my very first job offer! It was sent through email late this afternoon and as I was with Glenn doing our mall tour and catching up with this and that (syempre may kasabay na pot/yosi session), and checking the price for Gan's iPod Touch (last week it was 13"macbook, the previous week SE P1i, Wii and i cant remember what else! PorDios Gan, make up your mind! Mali, rather, make up Ning's mind! Wehehehe), I got to open my email only a couple of hours ago and to my surprise, there waiting for me was the job offer I've been praying for more than a week now. Grabe! Now that it's right in front of my eyes, na-tense akong i-open yung document! Man! Sobrang tense that I actually felt chilled! Excited but at the same time scared, more scared actually. I guess it's because this means that I now have to face the reality of my efforts and prayers, and not just dream about what could be. This is it. No more bumming around. Back to the daily work grind. Ok, fine, I told myself I can do this!

I opened the job offer and it was 8 pages long! They sure have a lot of stipulations and it seems that for the next two years, I'm going to have to work myself to the bone! As in! Oh well, as they say, be careful for what you wish for cause you're going to get even more! Hehehe. I just need to sign the contract and email it back to them within 5 days and their immigration people will be calling me shortly. One condition of my employment though is immigration has to approve my visa application, well of course! duh!

But to be completely honest, for a split of a second after reading the contract, I actually thought 'why not wait for greener pasture and forego this offer'. Ha! As if! Thank God I don't have grand illusions of myself! Tomorrow, after my interview with a Sg employer (I will still continue to apply for work here until I know for sure that my visa for OZ has been approved, just to make sure I have a fallback), I will sign the contract and send it back to the OZ employer.

So, after a month looking for a job in Singapore, I finally received a job offer from Australia! The (mis)adventure continues, but this time, in Australia. I just hope everything goes according to plan; that I pass the medical exam (wala naman ako AIDS or TB kaya I guess my chances looks good) and immigration approves my visa application.

Wow! Life sure is full of surprises! Thank you Lord!

Tin


3 comments:

Bloogergan said...

Hey Tin,

CONGRATULATIONS! Kaso lang hindi na kita mapapakinabangan pag nasa AUSSIE ka na kasi, iba ang standards ng gamit dun eh hehehe.

Joy said...

wala ka naman sigurong contageous diseases so malamang papasa ka... ako nga diabetic na with high cholestrol and blood pressure eh nakapasa! hehehehe just sign the contract and sa unang pay mo eh papadalhan kita ng invoice for all the 'expert' adviced i rendered! hehehe CONGRATULATIONS! and ito na magiging cheer mo, "Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy!"

Unknown said...

Congrats Tin! God is good all the time!