Saturday, September 8, 2007

The (Mis)adventures of (Rin)TinTin

Here I go again, making my life difficult and full of crazy antics. I entered Singapore last August 12, 2007 and was given a 30 day Social Visit Pass (although I have an EPEC, I still need to go to immigration to request for a longer stay). Guess what?! I forgot to file for an extension and my visit pass expires on Tuesday! Shit! So panic si ako! Pero dahil hi-tech na daw ang Singapore and given that they granted me an Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC) valid for 2 years, no sweat, I can file for an extension online. Thank goodness! Saved by the net! Still, just to be sure, I woke up around 530AM today (which is an ungodly hour for me as I usually wake up at 9AM, hehe), just so I can be one of the first to arrive at the immigration office. Information desk told me I just need to wait for reply to my online application, ayos! It's lakwatsa time!

There's a huge, mega-sale at the Expo, 40 minutes away from nearest SMRT station. Grabe yung sale, 50-70% discount on books, clothes, food, etc (Gan sorry, di kasama gadgets)! So in typical Christine fashion, I got carried away buying cheap books and what-have-you's! Ayun! I went home carrying 3 very big, bulging and heavy plastic bags! And again, being the thrifty person that I am, I took the SMRT, where I had to transfer 3 times, instead of taking a cab kahit magkan-kubakuba na ako sa pagbitbit ng pinamili ko. Around 600-900 php din kaya aabutin pag nag-taxi ako noh! Haler! The weird thing was, halos everyone was looking at me and my beautiful grocery bags! Geez, ngayon lang ba sila nakakita ng taong maraming perang pang-shopping pero walang pang-taxi! Aiyoh! Pero I swear, gusto ko ng umiyak sa bigat ng dala ko at nagsisisi na ako sa kung anik-anik na pinamili ko. Pero 900 bucks for a cab?! Ugh! Di talaga kaya ng konsensya ko! As in! Huuuuwwwwaaaahhhhh!

Finally, I arrived at the flat where i'm staying at around 4pm. Yey! I can finally have lunch na tinake-out ko pa sa Burger King, walang upuan kaya had no choice but to take it home! So I dumped all my shopping bags on the floor, booted up my laptop and ate my burger while waiting to connect to the net. Hmmmm...... May job offer na kaya ako, I wonder. Ninuninuninuninu...... Nagconnect na rin after a few seconds (3.4mbps internet speed so feeling hi-tech ako kasi i'm only used to 50kbps back home), bilis! I opened my yahoo mail and wow! May reply na agad from immigration! Here's what the email said:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that your application is not successful. You are required to leave Singapore on/before the expiry date of your current social visit pass.

Note:
Overstaying is an immigration offence. If you overstay, you may be subjected to a composition fine or prosecution in court.

(NOTE: THIS IS A COMPUTER GENERATED EMAIL AND DOES NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.)"

Please excuse the following language but I think given my present situation, I have a right to it.

FUCKING SHIT!

10 comments:

Bloogergan said...

Hay naku, I was really expecting that, Singapore is not known to sale "toys", puro clothes. Kainis hehehe

Geeai said...

Syeeeeettttt!!!!
So kailangan mo nang umuwi....???? at least nakashopping ka na... me pampasalubong ka ba???? or puro sayo lang???? so ano nang plano????

Joy said...

eh di balik ka na sa 50kbps? hehehe

charge it to experience na lang... at least you got to go around and shop in singapore and got you to experience living outside pinas...

Geeai said...

manalig naman kayo... baka magawan ni Tin ng paraan... malay mo Pog maging Ozzie resident yang si Tin ... happy new week to everyone =)

Bloogergan said...

Ang masasabi ko lang eh, hanggang ngayon eh hindi ko alam ang point! hehehe

bwk said...

Gan, I never expected you to see my point, wehehehehe. Sabi nga nila, different folks, different countries, yahahahahahaha!

I am doing something about my predicament. I'll know for sure mamayang 3PM kung san ako pupulutin bukas, last day ng visit pass ko. :)

Bloogergan said...

Tin,

Makakaikot ka pa rin ba? Pa check iPod Touch, sa website kasi it's around 500 sing dollars. Btw, kung bibili ako sa website, san ko pwede ipa-deliver? thanks

bwk said...

Gan, you can have it delivered to 462 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4, #15-51 Singapore 680462 c/o Wendy Feliciano. I'll check kung may iPod Touch akong makita.

Tin

Joy said...

Tin, ano na status?? you staying or leaving SG?

Unknown said...

Ano kayang latest? Hmmm... tignan ko nga sa latest postings.